Treatment of facial redness after peeling, facial peeling is a popular procedure usually used for those people who suffer from facial skin problems such as fine lines under eyes, wrinkles, acnes, freckles and sun damage. Although the facial peels, can improve the appearance of the facial skin, and get a fresh and glowing face. There are some side effects associated with the skin, and the facial redness is one of the most common side effects, which is most likely to occur for those persons who have sensitive skin, so we should be familiar with the appropriate, treatment of facial redness after peeling, to be able to deal with it.
The skin types
The appearance of facial redness depends on the skin type in which there are some skin types more sensitive than others. Therefore, doctors usually choose the facial peeling method according to the skin type in an attempt to avoid any side effects could occur. Generally, there are four types of skin: normal, oily, dry, combined and sensitive skin.
Read More: Facial Cosmetic Surgeries its types, advantages and disadvantages
- Normal skin: the normal skin is not usually that much oily or dry, and mostly free from any imperfections, therefore, it is less likely to be exposed to severe sensitivity resulting from any reason, including facial peeling.
- Dry skin: the dry one is described by rough complexion, and it can show up invisible pores, redness and scars, in addition to that, it could get inflamed and itchy. The low of oily secretion rate due to disorders in the Sebaceous glands, which is one of the common reasons behind the dryness of skin.
- Oily skin: the oily skin usually suffers from enlarged pores and thick complexion, having blackheads and pimples. The reason behind being too much oily is the increase in the oily secretion rate of the Sebaceous glands in the body, which is more than the normal average.
- Combined skin: due to some problems in sebaceous glands, the skin can be oily in some areas and dry in others, or even could be normal in some areas at the same time. Mixed skin can have large pores and blackheads.
- Sensitive skin: a type of skin, which can be affected immediately due to using skin care products or cleaning products or even the weather. The most common symptoms are redness, itching, or burning.
Read More: Oily Skin Care and Treatments at Home
The facial peel methods
Many people peel their skin once a week, using some of the usual peeling masks, however there are some peeling types cannot be done in the house, they need a specialist to perform them, a dermatologist or a cosmetic doctor. Moreover, as we mentioned above, doctors usually determine the suitable face peel method to the patient’s skin type in order to avoid any side effect such as the face redness. Generally, there are four facial peels can be used according to the patient case:
- Chemical face peels: chemical peel is a non-surgical procedure for improving the appearance of the face, reducing fine lines, age spots, freckles, patches, and healing wrinkles and acnes. It uses a chemical solution to peel the top layers of the skin. Usually, it is suitable for those people who have normal fair skin with blue or green eyes and natural red and blond hair, while people with tent, dark, think, and oily skin must avoid it.
- Laser face peels: laser peel is a non-surgical procedure, which uses laser to treat blotches, scars, wrinkles or fine line through removing the skin layers precisely. As in chemical peels method, persons who have oily skin cannot depend on laser peels, because it might be very dangerous for them.
- Microdermabrasion: it uses tiny exfoliating crystals on the skin to treat dull skin, brown and ages spots. However, this kind of peels cannot be effective for removing scars, wrinkles or deep acne. Unlike chemical and laser peels, Microdermabrasion is an appropriate for all skin types and it causes no facial redness.
- Natural peels: it is usually used to clean and smooth the facial skin textures. It can be commercial products or it can be made at home, for example, honey and cucumber slices are very useful for smoothing the face and cleaning the pores. Natural masks can suit different skin types in which mud masks are applied only on oily skin, while cream masks can work on those people who have dry skin.
Read More: Methods for Face Peel at Home
The facial redness degrees after facial peeling, and the, treatment of facial redness after peeling.
After the facial peeling, some side effects such as facial redness could appear for a period of time, then it fades away. However, some skin types suffer from sever sensitivity which could make this redness lasts for a long time or it could be a permanent facial redness which needs a serious, treatment of facial redness after peeling, to be removed.
- Normal facial redness: this kind of redness is not dangerous, in which the skin becomes red temporarily, then recovers within 24 or 48 hours. Therefore, normal facial redness requires no surgery or any treatment. People who use microdermabrasion to improve their face appearance can experience normal facial redness, and it can be fully healed within 48 hours.
- Temporary Facial redness: one of the common reasons behind this kind of facial redness is the chemical peels, which cause changes in the skin’s color, leading to face redness. Phenol and TCA peels are the chemical peels, which have temporary side effects such as facial redness. The facial redness, which is associated with Phenol peels usually fades away after three to six weeks, while in the case of using TCA peels, facial redness could last for several weeks.
- Permanent facial redness: in some cases when the skin is very sensitive, any facial peels can affect the skin, causing light or dark red skin which could last forever. Chemical peels sometimes lead to a permanent face redness in which the skin cannot be recovered by itself, and the only way to treat it, is by laser or other light, treatment of facial redness after peeling, which depend on the intense beam of light to eliminate the facial redness. Usually, doctor reviews the history of patient’s medical situation to make sure that patient is qualified enough to the laser procedure.
Read More: Facelift Surgery, causes of wrinkles and treatment in a week
If you found in this article what enriches your information, and answers all your questions, do share this article with those who share you the same interest.