Face Beauty and consistency are the most important things that everyone dreams of, it gives confidence in one’s self, and the ear has a significant factor in the perfection and consistency of the face shape, never less, it has the two sides of the moon, either, it will highlight the beauty of the face, or work to highlight the disadvantages of it.
When the ear is natural, it does not attract the attention of many people, however, if it has a particular appearance or up ordinary magnitude, as the only area that cannot be hidden by cosmetic tricks or disposed of with household recipes, etc., it attracts the attention of many people, and it can only be solved by conducting ear cosmetic operation, known as Otoplasty.
Some people think that having Otoplasty is nothing but pure luxury, they do not feel the tremendous amount of embarrassment, and psychological problems, that a person can go through, who suffers from flaws and distortion, whether, caused by certain accidents or injuries, congenital disabilities, or genetic factors.
Cosmetic Ear Operation “Otoplasty”
Cosmetic ear operations work on correcting the flaws and disfiguration, which the ear suffers from, whether it is for the large size of the earlobe, It is the outward layer of the ear, consists of cartilage covered by a layer of skin, or the oversized of the earlobe; the soft part of the outer ear, or in some cases, there is a particular appearance, which makes the shape of the ear is inconsistent and resembles the ear of the bat, and the process of ear cosmetic is a completely safe operation, and valid for all age groups, whether they are adults or young children at five years old.
The Advantages of Otoplasty
Cosmetic ear surgery is used for many reasons; the benefit is different from doing the procedure, depending on the condition of the patient, there are cases of cosmetic problems, they only need to undergo the process to modify the shape and general appearance of the face, and others suffer from functional issues in the ear. And to go through this operation for therapeutic purposes.
Salient ear treatment: The treatment of ear cartilage abnormalities, which makes it out of the standard shape, through the process of ear reduction, and is done by two types of cosmetic surgery, either surgically or without surgery.
Salient ear surgery: is done by performing a surgical incision behind the ear. The other parts of the skin are removed, cartilage is inserted in the direction of the head, this reduces the distance between the ear and the head until the ear appears naturally.
Non-Surgical Otoplasty: is done through the use of golden threads; they are original threads, used to tighten the ear back and correct the shape, and has many features, this is a natural procedure that does not result in any obvious scars in the ear, and the recovery period is short. The patient can return to practice his normal life immediately after completing the cosmetic procedure, plus, they do not need to wear the corset for a long time.
Ear Minimization: Sometimes some people suffer from the ear’s significant size, causing psychological problems, as a result of being embarrassed, or the disturbing community gaze, an ear reduction is performed to reduce the earlobe. It is cartilage covered with a thin layer of skin to match the shape of the face.
Deformities and Defects Treatment: There is a shape known as the “hidden ear”, where the upper part of the ear is buried under the side of the head, and show earlobe is relatively large, or an ear-shaped in the form of a question mark; the upper area of the ear-lop appears as a question mark. In these cases, the doctor reshapes the ear, by making an incision behind the ear, where the upper part is revealed, and then reshaped and sculptured, until it looks normal.
Ear Reconstruction: Some people, especially children, suffer from a relatively incomplete ear, in which the ear-lop retracts forward. It is characterized by a small, cuplike form, but appears prominent from the head. In this case, ear operations are performed to reconstruct the ear and adjust the ear-lop.
If the listener is rebuilt in general, the surgeon collects some cartilage from the patient’s thoracic cavity, then sculpts it in a relatively narrow frame and then places it under the skin of the patient’s head so that the skin cover contains the cartilage, the artificial end of the ear.
The doctor examines the ear of the patient, going through the process of the cosmetic ear, and discusses with him the stages and details of the process, and the final shape of the ear after the operation. The patient has to follow some instructions before the surgery, including:
- The need to have proper healthy food, before the procedure a week minimum, to prevent any complications from occurring during the process.
- Need to abstain from blood-diluting medications, such as aspirin and warfarin, a week before the procedure.
- Abstain from smoking, because it reduces the ratio of oxygen in the blood.
- Avoid completely taking stimulants, a week before the procedure, because they cause difficulty in the process of anesthesia for the person who’s up to perform surgeries.
- Do not drink alcohol and green tea because they are considered blood diluting, and they cause bleeding during the procedure, in addition to that, delay the process of blood clotting.
The medical center will do the necessary tests and examinations needed for the patient, such as blood tests, to determine blood sugar and blood pressure, and to identify the general health of the patient.
The Stages of Otoplasty
- The operation is performed under the influence of general anesthesia.
- The surgeon performs a small incision behind the ear to allow access to the cartilage.
- Then, the doctor either cuts the cartilage, which is the main structural component of the ear, or folds and installs the cartilage instead of cutting it off.
- The doctor closes the small surgical incision, puts the bandages on the entire head that stays for three days, however, the corset must be worn after removing the bandages for at least two weeks.
- Otoplasty, takes between two to three hours, depending on the size of the problem suffered by the patient in the ear. You can go home on the same day of the procedure and stay at home for at least a week.
The patient must follow the instructions necessary, dictated by the doctor, after the operation, including:
- Stay away from hard workouts, for three weeks.
- It’s crucial to wear the corset after removing the dressings, for a period of two weeks to four weeks, to maintain the shape of the ear and cartilage.
- Avoid carrying heavy objects, not tilting the head, until the wound heals properly.
- Abstain from smoking, for two weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight, for two weeks after a cosmetic ear operation.
- Keep your head up when you sleep, using a medical pillow.
- Avoid water on your ear for a week, and maintain ointment and creams to restore skin healing in the area of surgery, the final results appear two months after the operation when the wound is completely toned.
Otoplasty Risks and disadvantages
There are some minor side effects, such as any cosmetic procedure, that cause some risks, even if they are simple, but vary according to the condition of the patient and can be easily avoided by taking the necessary analgesics and antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. These damages:
- Ear and head pain, and can be relieved by taking the required painkillers prescribed by the doctor.
- Asymmetry of the ears, or deformity of the ear; resulting from the physician’s inexperience and competence in cosmetic ear operations.
- Swelling and bruising occur in the ear area, and it lasts for three days and can be eliminated by taking anti-swelling, dictated by the doctor.
- Sometimes bleeding occurs, within 24 hours after the procedure, and quickly disappears without the need for treatment.
- Complications of anesthesia; it is possible to cause the patient with an allergy, from substances used in anesthesia.
- The feeling of itching, and soon it will disappear on its own, within 24 hours of the operation.
- Non-healing wounds quickly, depending on the patient’s condition and age, there are people with a weak immune system, and poor physical health, which causes delaying the process of healing wounds.
- The incidence of ear infections, and can be eliminated by taking antibiotics necessary.
- The appearance of ear scars, gradually disappears on its own, after a period ranging from one to two months.
- Loss of sensation in the ear area, for a month or two at most, then the impression returns gradually again.
- Infection, caused by the non-sterilization of instruments used in the process of the cosmetic ear and can be eliminated by taking necessary antibiotics, dictated by the doctor.
The Cost of Otoplasty
The cost of cosmetic ear operations is based on the condition of the patient and the size of the ear problem, ranging from $1,500 to $3,000. Moreover, the efficiency and expertise of your surgeon play an essential role in cost differences, while you should choose a highly qualified doctor.
If you found in this article the answers to all your questions and concerns, so share this article with your friends, and let them know.
Published on: Oct 12, 2016 at 16:06