Orthodontics is one of the most important ways to treat dental defects caused by irregular teeth, inconsistencies between the upper and lower jaws, or both. Orthodontic treatment involves the rearrangement of oral functions such as chewing, and proper pronunciation, Orthodontics can be done by the doctor purely for aesthetic reasons, concerning improving the overall appearance of the patients’ teeth.
The dentist also uses orthodontic treatment if the patient needs to rebuild and change the outward appearance of his/her face. Orthodontic improves the two lower thirds of the look significantly. Orthodontic is an ideal solution for teeth treatment inside out. It works to match the front and back teeth; therefore, it reduces the damages that might occur to the prominent teeth. The orthodontist can adjust the contouring teeth in the jaw, correcting them and aligning them to one straightness, thus improving the outward appearance by enhancing the smile.
Read More: Hollywood Smile in Egypt
Orthodontics Advantages and Disadvantages
Orthodontic certainly has many advantages for all the treatment it does, improving both mouth state and teeth in general; however, some disadvantages may occur. Let’s start with the benefits;
- Improve the work of the teeth and the surrounding tissues.
- Improve the overall shape of the face, and treat any visible bump in both jaws.
- Improve pronunciation.
- Treats the buried teeth inside the gums, and stimulates their growth and appearance
- Strengthen the immunity of the gums, teeth and oral tissues, and prevent the occurrence of diseases as a result of food accumulation between the teeth.
- Eliminate bad breath, which results from the accumulation of food residue between the teeth, especially when the teeth crowd out and grow on top of each other.
- Saliva secretion abundance, alongside with pressure feeling on the teeth.
- Oral tissues are exposed to many wounds.
- A simple sense of pain in both jaws, and the particular temporal joint.
- The shortage of teeth root.
- Loss of minerals in the outer enamel layer, which appears as white color on the surface of the teeth.
- The loss of teeth luster, where the tooth loses its white color and turns into a pale color, sometimes into a bit dark.
- Swelling might occur in the gums, leading to some bleeding due to neglecting teeth care and cleaning after having Orthodontics.
- Having a bad breath and this problem can be alleviated by permanent mouth cleaning and fluoride mouthwash daily, especially after meals.
Read More: Tummy Tuck Surgery Risks
Stages of Orthodontics
There are many types of orthodontics, but one of the most common types of orthodontics used by patients is the fixed orthodontics. In the pre- orthodontics stage, first, the doctor treats all gums or teeth problems, whether it is teeth fillings or nerve problems treatments, as well as gingivitis, simply because the foundation must be completely intact until the foundation of the therapeutic calendar, without causing any future problems in the mouth.
- The doctor cleans the teeth with acidic acid to prepare a suitable mouth environment ready to receive the orthodontics.
- The fixing texture is placed at the back of the orthodontics.
- The bracts are fixed one by one on the teeth; those orthodontics brackets are done due to very specific measurements.
- If necessary; UV dries the fixing material
- After installing the Orthodontics brackets on all teeth, a thin wire is placed to connect them, and the wire is connected to the Orthodontics brackets by a set of leather fasteners.
Read More: What is Rhinoplasty Surgery
During the orthodontic period, the teeth are modified using many orthodontic tools to guide the teeth to reach the arrangement and the harmonious shape that the doctor wants and which he considers appropriate for the nature and form of the patient’s mouth. The orthodontic process needs some time and may vary from patient to another.
After having the desired outcome, where the teeth take the appropriate shape, the doctor examines the patient’s condition for the last time, after the examination the doctor takes off the Orthodontics brackets, and then he cleans off the fixing glue, and the teeth go back to its beautiful shine.
Types of Orthodontics
- The Movable Orthodontics: A type of therapeutic Orthodontics, which can be put and removed at any time, consists of a metal collar and a structure in the form of a colored or transparent collar, the more it is on, the shorter the period of treatment becomes.
- The Fixed Orthodontics: a fixed device, it is glued right on teeth surface; it stays all through the treatment’s period, which can take more than a year. It comes in two type; the Invisible Orthodontics; transparent and it is fixed at the back surface of the teeth. The other kind is the mineral, and it is fixed at the frontal surface of the teeth.
- The Preventive Orthodontics: this type is only used for children, age range between seven up to eighteen years old, for their teeth to grow into an appropriate shape right from a young age.
- Cosmetic Orthodontics: this type of Orthodontics is used for cosmetic purposes only; there is no real therapeutic need to it.
Read More: Gynecomastia Surgery-Male Breast Reduction
Orthodontics in Turkey
Turkey is one of the best medical tourism fronts in the world, where millions of people, annually visiting the country, seeking medical treatments and cosmetic operations. Plastic surgeries in Turkey are the most attracting elements out of all medical field for tourists; cosmetic dental in Turkey comes at the top of the cosmetics list, right after Liposuction and Rhinoplasty.
Cosmetic Dental Centers provide medical care services in Turkey with high quality in general, and all of them provide various types of dental procedures, starting from teeth whitening up to dental implants.
Read More: Liposuction in Turkey
Orthodontics Benefits and Advantages in Turkey
- Using the latest medical technologies in the medical field in general and the orthodontics in particular.
- In general, Turkey provides dental service at a suitable cost, on the other hand, according to other countries of the world; Turkey prices are competitive prices.
- Providing the best medical care with high quality that guarantees you the best results.
- Having a medical trip, full medical services, and comprehensive prices.
- Using the best and the latest medical technologies in the dental domain.
If you found in this article the answers to all your questions and concerns, so share this article with your friends, and let them know.