All of us want a slim body, a thin shape, without any fat accumulated in different parts of the body, to get the perfect attractive look; which is hard to get nowadays, especially with fast food; which contains high calories, and the daily routine, which led to fat aggregation whether in the abdomen, thighs or buttocks.
This makes us feel embarrassed around society So that we find ourselves forced to do a hard diet, or exercise, which make us lose too much weight, without getting rid of areas where the fat has been accumulated, although it takes too much time, we do not get any benefits.
The fat accumulated has no healing except perform liposuction, to get what we want of a slim and an attractive body.
Liposuction is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, that removes excess fat, which called hardened fat that does not respond to diet or exercise, because it is difficult to get rid of through diet and exercise, liposuction is done in specific areas in the body such as; abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms, and waist, to improve the appearance of the body.
Read More: What is Liposuction in Turkey
Liposuction was first performed in the 1920s, by a French surgeon called Charles Dujarier who used fundamental techniques and complex surgeries to cut away fat, then it has developed during the 1960s, by surgeon Leon Forester used relatively newer methods than its predecessor.
In the past century, many surgeons were performed many liposuction experiments, in which surgeon Gerar Illouz discovered a method called “Illouz” in 1982, Illouz has found a technique that injects fluid into the fat tissue which helped dissolve tissue holding the fat.
In the 1990s, doctors and plastic surgeons had reached to an ultrasound technique to remove fat, by converting it into a liquid using ultrasound energy, which reduces the risks and complications. Like ultrasound, other methods such as the laser, Vaser, and fluid injection have been discovered; those techniques were a leap in liposuction producers, making the process smoother and less risky.
Types of liposuction
There are many new cosmetic techniques used in the process of liposuction, all have in common is how to suction the fat after dissolved, using a cannula connected to a vacuum, which approved from U.S food and drugs administration FDA.
Read More: What is Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Laser liposuction, SmartLipo: Laser technique is one of the latest technologies used in liposuction, and it depends on the use of a device that produces laser energy to reach the areas under the skin, to liquefy and melts fat, then suctioned. In addition to, it can stimulate collagen, which can lift the skin.
Some side effects and complications may occur when using laser liposuction, some of these side effects are:
- Some burns happen to the skin from lasing device, which causes a slight change in the skin’s color.
- Loss some fluid from the body, so that it may cause dryness in skin.
- Swelling, may last for three weeks or one month after liposuction.
- Fluid injection liposuction: This is the most common technique, in which plastic surgeon injects a sterile solution into the fat tissue, where the fat is to be removed. The fluid consists of salt water, lidocaine and epinephrine.Fluid injection has some disadvantages, In case the doctor has no experience and excellent skill in the field of Fluid injection liposuction, some of those are:
- The difference at the rate of fat removal, which causes non-similarity and non-consistency between bodies.
- Bleeding might occur.
- Some scars can arise in the areas, where the fat has been suctioned, and they are fade with time.
- Fluid imbalance might occur, whether fluid accumulation, which leads to excess fluid collecting around the heart and lungs, or fluid lack because of the exit of a significant amount of fluids during suction.
- Fat embolism might occur, when the fat has been the breakaway into tiny pieces, so block the blood flow.
- Ultra-sound liposuction, UAL: The plastic surgeon uses ultrasound energy to liquefy the fat in the site where the fat is to be dissolved so that it can be suctioned out.Unexpected side effects and complications can occur, including:
- Skin sensation might change; it can be numbness or excessive sensation.
- Damage might happen to the muscles, blood vessel, lungs, and nerves.
- Ultrasound liposuction is not the proper treatment for cellulite, which appeared on the site where the fat has been removed, so that tummy tuck or body lift must be done with liposuction.
- Infections can occur, due to non-sterilization of tools used by the doctor.
Read More: FUE What is FUE and FUE Technique
- Vaser liposuction: Liposuction with Vaser technique is a non-surgical procedure, and it depends on ultrasound technology and similar to the safe UAL, to melts body’s fat, also, to lift the areas where the fat has been suctioned.There are some complications after Vaser liposuction, some of these complications are:
- Complication of anesthesia, such allergic and it can be disposed of when you take anti-allergies drugs dictated by the doctor.
- Change in skin sensation, in which numbness but it will return after period amount one to two months.
- Liposuction does not cause any pain, as well as reduces the chance of blood loss, compared with the previous techniques.
- The patient can leave the hospital, on the day of the operation but he might stay overnight, in case sometimes needed to take care of him.
- The period of recovery is too short, and the patient can get back to healthy life quickly.
- Improves skin thinning, in which the patient can begin to trivial exercise, six weeks after the operation.
- Liposuction takes period about one to three hours, according to each patient and the areas where the need to suction and remove the fat.
- The result appears within three to four months from the operation, and the patient may notice the outcome immediately after the procedure is completed.
Read More: What is Buttocks Liposuction?
Instruction before liposuction
- The patient must choose a qualified plastic surgeon in liposuction, who has experience in all cases and performed many successful operations.
- The doctor will discuss with the patient all details, stages and final look of liposuction.
- The medical center conducts some blood tests and examination to the patient, to know the rates of diabetes and blood pressure and other blood diseases. Liposuction is not suitable for patients to have certain diseases such as heart and blood vessel disease or lung disease.
- The patient must stop drinking alcohol because it causes bleeding during the operation and it delays the blood clot.
- The patient must stop smoking because it reduces the oxygen level in the blood.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medicines, such as aspirin, for at least a week before liposuction.
- Stop drinking any caffeine, so as not to effect of anesthesia, the person who takes caffeine is challenging to anesthetize, so avoid caffeine such; Arabic coffee, for at least a week before the operation.
- The patient must eat healthy food, and follow a specific diet, for a week before the surgery, to prevent any complications occurs during the operation.
- Be careful to do some exercise before a week of action, so that the skin will be healthy and flexible.
- The doctor will examine the patient, then, mark the areas that need liposuction.
- Anesthesia stage, in which patient will be under general anesthesia so that the patient does not feel any pain.
- The doctor injects the patient a saline solution, which has many functions in the body, such; reducing inflammation and ability to identify the fat to be dissolved.
- LipoDissolve stage, in which the doctor melts fat under the skin, using one of the liposuction techniques, which liquefy fat to be suction.
- The doctor will make a small surgical incision, to allow the fat removal via a cannula and suction device.
- The last stage has put the bandages, to heal the incision and tighten the areas where the fat has been removed.
Read More: Hair Transplant and Diabetes patient
Recovery time and some Instructions after liposuction
The patient can gradually get back to healthy living and activities within two weeks; this period varies depending on the patient’s condition so that the doctor’s instructions must be followed, Some of these instructions are:
- The patient must have a rest for three weeks until the incisions heal.
- The patient should wear bandages or compression garment for at least one to two months because they are helping to control swelling of the areas where the fat has been removed.
- Continue to stop smoking for at least 4 or 5 weeks.
- The patient must eat healthy food, which contains vitamins and proteins.
- The patient has to take the necessary medicine and antibiotics dictated by the doctor, to prevent infection.
- Avoid itching, and not use creams or sedative medical creams, without reference to your doctor.
- The patient must avoid the sun and high heat, so as not to expose the incision to inflammation, so in the weekly recuperation period.
- Do not carry heavy objects, or do a lot of work, which can delay the process of wound healing, for a period of one to two months.
- Exercise regularly, about two weeks after the operation, to keep the new shape after liposuction.
Read More: Abdominal Lipo-Etching in Turkey
The cost of liposuction
The cost of liposuction is relatively low in Turkey, compared with its price in other countries. However, there are many significant differences in cost, depending on a some reasons, such as; the number of areas where the fat removal, the amount of fat accumulated, the patient’s health condition and the type of areas where fat will be remove, whether sensitive or normal area, in which Liposuction cost varies from $ 2,000 to $ 3,000.