There are several key techniques used in hair transplantations:
- (FUE) Technology
With this technology, the follicles are picked out from the donor area via the Micro Motor, and transplanted into the receiving area by opening fine channels in the bald areas with precise medical forceps. The operation takes around (6-8) hours, transplanting up to (4000) follicles.
- (Mega FUE) technology
Mega FUE is undergone over two sessions during two consecutive days, transplanting a maximum of (8000) follicles, and giving the hair more density.
- (Ultimate FUE)
Ultimate FUE differs from FUE in terms of the medical scalpel which is made of fine blue sapphire that prevents damage to the scalp during the picking process.
- (DHI) Technology
The doctor opens channels in the areas of baldness that due to be treated with Choi Pen Implanters, then he implants the extracted follicles which are up to (3500). He does all this simultaneously with one click. The whole process takes around (6-8) hours.
- (Mega DHI) technology
The (Mega DHI) technique is performed over two sessions during two consecutive days, using the Choi pens. However, with (Mega DHI), a maximum of (7000) follicles are transplanted, giving the hair more density and attractiveness.
- (Extremely DHI) technology
(Extremely DHI) technology goes through the same stages of (DHI) technique, however, it enables the doctor to transplant up to (5000) follicles during (12-15) hours over only a session.
- (Robot) Technology
Robot technology helps the doctor determine the baldness area with great accuracy, and to examine the donor area, in order to select the best follicles for the hair transplantation process, also it has the ability to provide proactive 3D images for the results of the hair transplantation.
The candidates for hair transplantation are:
- People who suffer of severe hair loss and hereditary baldness.
- People who have a strong donor area.
- People with good health, who do not suffer of certain diseases that may impede hair transplantation.
- People older than 25 year of age.
There are some important tips that one should stick to before undergoing hair transplantation process:
- Avoid smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure, as it affects the growth of the follicles and affects the results of the process.
- Avoid drinking green tea, for it is a blood thinner that causes severe bleeding during and after the operation and leads directly to the failure of the transplantation.
- Avoid coffee and stimulants in general for at least four days before the transplantation, because they are stimulants that affect the anesthesia process.
- It is recommended to eat a healthy and balanced food well before the operation, in order to avoid any complications occur during or after the operation.
- Stop taking medications that cause blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- If you are having certain medications for a particular disease, such as hypertension, diabetes or other diseases, your healthcare professional who is following your health condition must be aware of and approved the hair transplantation process.
There are a set of tips after the hair transplantation process that must be followed:
- A headband must be worn for 48 hours, to avoid the swelling of the head.
- Avoid bending your head as much as possible, and keep a parallel line between your chin and the ground for three days, in order to avoid swelling in the areas of forehead and around the eyes.
- Never wash your hair before the 72 hours period after the operation is over.
- You must sleep in a semi vertical position, relying on two pillows to lift your head for five days, in order to avoid swelling.
- Avoid swimming in the sea for three months, and avoid swimming in a pool for two months.
- Stay away from sun light, heat and high humidity for at least a month and you should wear a medical hat when you go out.
- Be careful when putting on or taking off the clothes, so as not to pressure directly on the scalp.
- Avoid smoking for at least two months after the operation, because it impedes the growth of follicles leading to their fall.
- Use the medical shampoo when washing your hair, do not rely on the chemical shampoo.
- Stay away from Turkish bath or sauna for a month.
- Keep on having necessary treatments and medications prescribed by your doctor, which help to heal wounds quickly, and to increase the growth of the hair follicles.
- Avoid standing directly under rain or dust, so as not to cause harm to the follicles implanted.
- Avoid intercourse (marital relationship) for a week.
- Plasma PRP needles are recommended to be used, as they strengthen the implanted follicles.
- It is recommended to undergo cold laser sessions that stimulate blood circulation and thus strengthen the transplanted follicles.
- It is also preferred to have some vitamins that help enhance the growth of follicles.