What Is a Hair Transplant?
It is a non-surgical procedure that moves hair follicles from the donor area, which is placed at the back of the scalp, to the receptor area, where the baldness places needed to be treated.
Hair Transplant in Turkey
·Advantages of Hair Transplant in Turkey
- Turkey’s good weather, which conserves the follicles from damages.
- Turkey has a lot of medical centers, which provide full remarkable medical care.
- The affordable cost compared with European and American countries.
- Having highly qualified doctors.
- Turkey owns the latest and the best hair transplant techniques.
- Provide a comprehensive treatment trip and an A-class luxury, in terms of luxurious hotels hosting, private transportation, and interpretation services.
Probably the only barrier was the language in Turkey; almost, no one spoke any other language but Turkish. Nowadays, all medical centers offer interpretation services for their customers, in both languages; English and Arabic, Which helped to eliminate that barrier.
Hair Transplant Techniques in Turkey
A technique depends on moving the follicles from the donor area to the receptor areas, by harvesting the follicles from the donor area, depending on a harvesting device called Micro Motor. Then, the doctor opens small channels where the follicles will be implanted, depending on fine medical forceps.
DHI technique depends on CHOI Pen Implanter, which is a device that looks like a pen. Hence, hair follicles are implanted one by one directly into the receptor areas without having to open channels. Each follicle is placed in a specific direction, angle, and depth.
A device that assists the doctor performs the hair transplant easier and faster. It can define the baldness area, in addition to, check the donor area, and choose the best follicles for implantation. It also offers post-surgery 3D pictures for hair transplant
The doctor extracts the stem cell from the human body, whether bone marrow or fatty tissues. Once the doctor extracts the stem cell from the body, it goes through several stages to get an artificial fiber, which is similar to natural hair. At that time, you can choose the hairstyle to fulfill your needs. Therefore, you can determine the color and type of your new hair. The last stage is implanting the hair with a fine device called Micro Nodes.
- Artificial Hair Transplant “Biofibre” (In America)
It is the perfect solution for those who are suffering from complete baldness and a weak donor area. Here when the doctor chooses to implant the Biofibre or artificial hair, which is made of fine fibers that have the identical characterizes of the natural hair.
Read More: Biofibre Hair Transplant, Benefits and Risks
- Platted-Rich Plasma “PRP”
A natural procedure is deemed a proper choice for strengthening the hair follicles. A small amount of blood is drawn from the person who will have PRP. This blood contains plasma, red blood cells, and white blood cells, which are separating from each other to get PRP, depending on a sterile tube called a centrifuge.
- Mesotherapy Injection
Mesotherapy treats a lot of hair problems, like; hair loss and hair thinning. Mesotherapy consists of vitamins, proteins, minerals, in addition to plant extracts, and nutritional supplements that are injected into the baldness area and the areas suffering from thinning hair.
Hair Transplant candidates
There are some people can’t undergo hair transplant procedure, according to several reasons. However, there is a specific category for who needs hair transplantation and who is eligible also, to go through it. The following are the candidates for the hair transplant procedure,
- People who are suffering from excessive hair loss and genetic baldness.
- Those who have strong donor areas, good health conditions, and are free from any diseases that prevent hair transplantation.
- The person who wants to undergo a hair transplant must be over the age of 25 years old.
Contraindications of hair transplantation
As we mentioned above, a hair transplant isn’t appropriate for all people. You should be healthy enough to undergo any medical procedure and hair transplant as well. Accordingly, you shall be aware of some diseases that prevent you from undergoing a hair transplant, such as;
- People who are suffering from high blood pressure.
- People who have HIV.
- People who have a virus (C) cannot undergo a hair transplant.
- Diabetics with type two and three cannot undergo a hair transplant.
- People who have thyroid diseases.
- People who are suffering from heart diseases.
- People who are suffering from anemia.
- People who have leukemia.
Women Hair Transplant Contraindications
Considering the hair transplant contraindications above, women have an additional specific contraindication that is related to the unbalanced hormones in women’s bodies. Unfortunately, many women are suffering from imbalanced hormones over their lifetimes such as puberty period, menstrual periods, in addition to pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding periods. Hormones are unbalanced in those periods, and this is the reason behind excessive hair loss and body weakness. Therefore, women with imbalanced hormones cannot undergo hair transplants, not until they treat this hormone problem.
The Prior Core Tests of Hair Transplant
The medical center will perform some prior core tests to check the health condition, right before going through the transplantation, including;
- The required blood tests, to check the diabetes rates in the blood, and blood diseases like hepatitis and HIV.
- Dermatology check-ups to examine the scalp condition just before undergoing the hair transplant procedure.
Vital Instructions before Hair Transplant
- Abstain from smoking a minimum of two weeks from the hair transplant procedure, as it affects the oxygen levels in the blood, which is considered essential for an accelerant recovery period, as for accelerating the growth of the newly implanted hair follicles.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol and herbal tea as they cause blood diluting, leading to hair transplant failure.
- Avoid caffeine such as coffee and other stimulants for at least 4 days before hair transplant. Because these substances affect the anesthesia process. As it is difficult to anesthetize the person who drinks caffeine.
- It is preferable to adopt a healthy and balanced diet before surgery for a period of time.
- Stop taking medical drugs, which lead to blood diluting like aspirin.
- Alongside your doctor consultation and approval to go through a cosmetic procedure. It is preferable to inform your doctor in case you have a specific disease you’re having medication for, in case there was a need to stop it during the process of the procedure and the required healing stop taking such a medication that is related to a specific disease.
Wound and burs Hair Transplantation
Initially, the doctor examines wounds and burns areas to determine if it’s alive and the sensory neuron get enough oxygen. In case there is a sensation in those areas; a hair transplant is done. Otherwise, a hair transplant cannot be done.
Facial Hair Transplant, Beard and Eyebrow Hair Transplant
DHI technique is considered the core technique for facial hair transplant. It depends on the CHOI Pen implanter where each follicle is implanted in the same direction as the existed hair of the beard and eyebrow. Additionally, it offers maximum density, owing to the follicles are implanted so close to each other.
What are The Required Medicines after Hair Transplant
The doctor gives the patients some necessary drugs that shall be taken after a hair transplant, including;
- Creams and ointments are needed.
- Medical shampoo and lotion for hair washing.
- The first stage of the hair transplant procedure is the scalp and hair examination. The doctor defines the donor area, determines the needed number of extracted follicles, and draws the frontal hairline.
- You will do some blood tests, as mentioned above.
- The entire hair will be shaved, in case of undergoing an FUE hair transplant. On the other hand, only the donor area hair will be shaved, if you will undergo the DHI technique. After this point, local anesthesia will be administered.
- The doctor extracts the follicles from the donor area, by Micro Motor device, to be placed in a solution called HypoThermosol to preserve it alive as much as possible.
- At this time, the implantation stage shall be done. FUE technique depends on a fine medical lancet to open small channels for implanting the follicles. In the case of the DHI technique; the doctor utilizes the CHOI Pen implanter to open the channels and implant the follicles at the same time, by just a press.
At this point, the hair transplant procedure is thoroughly done. The bandage will be placed on your donor area, and you will have a band around your head to prevent swelling.
Hair Washing Process After Hair Transplant
Now, you have done a hair transplant; thus, after 72 hours, you need to go to the medical center for the first hair washing after a hair transplant procedure. Furthermore, you shall be aware and keep in mind the method explained by the hair transplant expert while washing your hair. Here, we’re going to list the stages of hair washing;
- You shall apply medical lotion on your scalp and the implanted areas. You should distribute the lotion on the scalp gently with your fingertips, and then leave the lotion for at least 40 minutes.
- Afterward, wash your scalp with a light lukewarm water flow to remove the lotion.
- Now, apply the medical shampoo on your scalp and leave it for five minutes until the scalp fully absorbs the shampoo.
- You will dry your hair using soft tissue like cotton. You must avoid heavy and coarse towels as much as possible.
- As washing is done, you can apply medical cream to stimulate blood circulation and reduce scalp dryness.
Instructions After Hair Transplant
- You must never take off your headband before 48 hours, to prevent facial swelling.
- You also should not bend over and keep your head up as much as possible for at least three days, to avert swelling around your eyes.
- You must sleep on a couple of pillows to keep your head elevated to prevent swelling.
- You are not allowed to wash your hair for 72 hours after the hair transplant procedure.
- You should adhere to the instructions for hair washing.
- You should refrain from doing sports or weight lifting for 15 days. Such a hard activity might lead to losing the new follicles and bleeding.
- Another forbidden order is to avoid exposure to direct sunlight, heat, and humidity for a month at least. As sunlight contains UV rays that might damage your new hair follicles. Accordingly, you should wear a medical hat once you are going out.
- You must keep away from rain and dust to stay away from damaging your new hair follicles.
- You should pay high attention while wearing and taking off your clothes to avoid touching or hurting your scalp.
- Swimming is forbidden, whether in the sea for three months or swimming pool for two months. Owing to the swimming pool contains harmful chemicals that might damage your new hair follicles.
- Refrain from intercourse for a week after planting.
- Avoid smoking, for at least two months after the implantation, because it affects the arrival of the required ratio of oxygen to implanted hair follicles, which hinders its growth, leading to its fall.
- You should adhere to taking the medications dictated by your doctor. Those medications are helping to accelerant the blood clot process, to promote the growth of the new follicles.
- You must keep using the medical shampoo for hair washing and avoid the chemical shampoo.
- Don’t try a Turkish bath or sauna for at least a month.
- It’s preferable to utilize platelet-rich plasma “PRP” to boost the implanted follicles for accelerant growth.
Complications after Hair Transplant and Its Treatment
- You might feel a little pain; however, you can take painkillers that are dictated by your doctor.
- Bleeding occurrence; this is a normal occurrence for getting rid of the existed fluids in the scalp.
- Swelling might occur due to the fluids of anesthesia in the scalp.
- It is normal to feel a headache for the first 24 hours.
- Feeling itchy, that might last for three days.
- Feeling numbness and tingling in your scalp, in addition to, feeling vomiting and imbalanced because of local anesthesia.
- You might find out superficial and fine acne or pimples on your scalp. Simply, you can make a light massage, while taking a shower, with your fingertips that would help it disappear within few days. Otherwise, you need to consult your doctor.
- You might find some deep acnes in your scalp. You can do a circular massage to them while taking a shower, it helps them to fade away. You should consult your doctor in case these acnes did not disappear by themselves.
- You might experience some inflammation in the scalp, owing to non-accelerant It might last for three days.
In case of the complications are lasting for more than three or four days, you shall consult your doctor.
Hair Growth Stages after Hair Transplant
- 1-2 months: implanted hair starts to fall after the third week of transplantation, after that, metabolism of follicles starts, depending on oxygen. The new hair initiates to grow within the follicles, then, hair beginning to grow.
- 2-5 months: The implanted hair start to grow from the end of the second month till the fifth month. At this time, you will get 40% of hair transplant results.
- 6-8 months: At the beginning of the sixth month, sustainable growth of the implanted hair starts till the eighth month. To get 70% or 80% of hair transplant results.
- 8-12 months: In conjunction with the eighth month until a year, you will get 100% of the results.
Tips after Hair Transplant
You should adhere to follow all instructions mentioned above; otherwise, your new follicles cannot get the benefits to grow, as well as exposure to falling. The most vital tips you ought to take on are the way of hair washing, avoiding exercises, smoking, weight lifting, in addition to, heat and humidity.
At the initiation of 2019, hair transplant costs in Turkey might vary between 1.200 $ to 3.500 $. In concurrence of medical innovation, high technology, and new techniques that ease the hair transplant performing.
Truthfully, the variance of hair transplant cost stands on patient condition, in terms of; baldness case along with hair transplant technique type; whether FUE technique, DHI technique, or ROBOT technique. On the other hand, hair transplant cost in Turkey is considered reasonable and quite low when we compare it to the other European, American, or even Arabic countries included Fue hair transplant cost in turkey and DHI hair transplant cost in turkey