Gynecomastia is enlarged breast tissue in men and boys that make breast tissue swell, caused by the hormone imbalance, the androgen hormone compared with an estrogen hormone, either due to increase in estrogen or decrease in the level of testosterone, during a period of male’s life.
The gynecomastia surgery is taking the third place, in the list of cosmetic surgery for men, after hair transplant and liposuction.
Read More: What is Buttocks Liposuction?
Disadvantages of gynecomastia
The gynecomastia is not dangerous but there is no doubt that its existence annoying and embarrassing for men, and it may lead to avoiding doing some sport activities, entering into an intimate relationship and also leads to low self-confidence, but at Turkeyana Clinic, we are working to provide the best solutions that keep you satisfied with your appearance.
There are two different types of gynecomastia:
- Similar men gynecomastia: It means the same swelling in the size of the two breasts.
- Non-similar men gynecomastia: one of the breasts is swelling, while the other remains with the same size and initial condition.
The problems of gynecomastia are appeared because of genetics, use of certain medications, or other unspecified reasons, some men develop the appearance of enlarged breasts. It is estimated that up to 50% of men in the United States experience some degree of gynecomastia during their lifetime. Gynecomastia can present at any age, and male breast reduction can be performed safely and successfully on teenagers and adult men alike.
Read More: Tummy Tuck Surgery in Turkey
Male breast reduction
A male breast reduction is the most effective known treatment in Turkeyana Clinic for gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts. This cosmetic surgery procedure removes excess fat and glandular tissue to restore a flatter, firmer and more masculine contour to the chest.
Gynecomastia Surgery Steps
Today, cosmetic surgeons can treat a growing number of gynecomastia patients. This is due in part to advances in cosmetic surgery technology, which have resulted in a more extensive selection of less invasive techniques. However, surgeon skill plays an important role too, that is why our surgeons in Turkeyana has specific experience performing a male breast reduction.
Read More: Fat Transfer Surgery in Turkey
One of three methods can treat gynecomastia, these methods are:
- Liposuction: It performs to remove the excess fat and glandular tissue under the breast, using Laser or Vaser technology.
- Surgical removal: It is the process of removing the breasts with epithelial and oily tissue.
- By combining the two previous techniques: the breast is excluded under the skin, using a laser that breaks away the fat and dissolves it.
The cosmetic surgeon makes a small incision on each side of the chest, depending on the method you need which preferred by the cosmetic surgeon, incisions may be located along a portion of the edge of the areola or within the armpit. Through these incisions, your cosmetic surgeon will remove excess fat and glandular tissue, at the same time sculpting a new chest contour that looks natural to your body.
Read More: Beard and Mustache Transplant
The candidates for gynecomastia surgery
- Athletes who take male androgen, which called synthetic testosterone, to enlarge the muscles, so the body excretes estrogen hormone as a reaction, due to abnormally high levels of male hormones.
- Men who suffer from gynecomastia due to imbalance of male hormones compared with female hormones, which lasted for an extended period about two years or more and did not disappear, in this case, gets lump and stiffness in the breast tissue and it is difficult for the patient to get rid of, so that it needs gynecomastia surgery.
- The men who feel uncomfortable or self-conscious about the appearance of the chest, or if you find yourself avoiding specific activities because you are afraid to show your chest, so male breast reduction is an option to consider.
- While losing weight can help for reducing the appearance of male breasts for some men, often there is excess glandular tissue as well, and causing even very lean patients to notice enlarged breasts.
Read More: Face Injection with Fat Botox or Filler
Currently, male breast reduction is the only consistently effective treatment for gynecomastia that has long-lasting, if not permanent results. Following this surgery, patients commonly say that they feel comfortable going shirtless for the first time in years and report an enhanced sense of self-confidence.
If you are suffering from the gynecomastia, and found in this article answers all your questions, please share with friends, so that information reaches to the most significant number of people suffering from gynecomastia.