Genetic baldness is a phenomenon feared by all men and women who are concerned about having specific genes that lead them to this serious disease. When the hair fall occurs, even if it is minor, they’re afraid of reaching to baldness, believing that there is no other type of critical treatment, which eliminates genetic baldness definitively.
Genetic baldness is a gradual loss in hair, mainly affects men more than women, it occurs due to the baldness genes that a person have from one of his/ her parents, these genes appear in hair follicles with genetic susceptibility to testosterone, it shows in gradual loss in the hair, till a clear bald spots appear in the scalp, this how baldness begins.
Read More: 7 Diseases Require Caution Before Hair Transplant
Types of Genetic Baldness
Genetic baldness has many kinds; all baldness types that have nothing to do with some particular disease, or having some specific medicines, are classified as “genetic baldness.” It is due to hormonal disorder. The most important hormones are the Androgen hormones, especially the male testosterone, and so-called DY-hydro-testosterone DHT, because of hormonal imbalance; the hair follicles are disturbed and shrunk, causing abnormal hair loss, until you notice the falling hair on the pillow, maybe during the brushing, or even during hair wash. These hormones and genetic genes are the primary factors for baldness and here are the types of genetic genes in details.
- Male Alopecia: one of the genetic baldness types, a bald spots in the form of circle or oval, mainly affects the scalp, secondly; it appears in some areas in the body, where hair loss start to appear in some specific areas in the head, and these spots begin to form
- Male hormonal baldness: Classified also as one of the genetic baldness, it is hormone imbalance, and those hormones came from one of the parents, where hormones are relatively unbalanced, which reduces the life of the grafts gradually, and therefore, leads to hair fall massively and clearly. Hair loss starts from the front hairline backward till the crown area of the scalp and may reach the donor area, scalp back-area.
- Total baldness: one of the genetic baldness, the final stage of baldness, which affects the entire scalp, it even weakens the follicles in the donor area, considering it is the area where the follicles are harvested from, to be implanted again, because they are not affected by hormones. However, the total genetic baldness can reach that area and destroys the grafts, where it stops producing or growing new hair
Read More: Baldness Signs and Causes for a Faster Treatment
The Signs of Genetic Baldness
The signs of genetic baldness vary between men and women, according to the type of baldness each might have, even children, symptoms of gene baldness usually occur after adolescence for some, and sometimes it shows after 40 years of age to some others.
Male Pattern Baldness
There are some visible signs can be noticed when looking, and to recognize the beginning of baldness, baldness signs in men starts like;
- Hair thinning significantly and becomes easy to break.
- Follicles weakness and non-germination of new hair.
- A noticeable reducing in the hair front line way back to the scalp’s crown.
- Hair reduction in both sides of the head massively
- The appearance of bald spots in the scalp, which is identified as Male Alopecia.
- The follicles in the donor area might thin out and start to fall slightly.
Female Pattern Baldness
Female hair loss signs are not that different from those in Male hair loss signs, the only difference between the two of them is, the female baldness is relatively slow. A woman does not notice her infection of baldness as clear as men do from the start, where baldness areas start to form in the scalp for women in the age of forty, and the most recognized sings of genetic baldness in women are;
- Hair falls more than usual, as women start to notice hair falling everywhere, on the pillow, and while brushing.
- Hair thinning and shattering, where it breaks easily.
- When a woman has genetic baldness, the hair loss becomes more massive whenever she feels more tense and anxious.
- Bald areas start to form at the top of the head, and the central area of the scalp, and then it spreads to the rest of the scalp with time.
- Rarely a front hairline declination occurs.
Read More: Hair Transplant Ruling
The Risks of Genetic Baldness
Whenever a person hears about the risks of genetic baldness, the first thing that comes to his/ her mind is the health risks and such; however, the baldness risks lay in the professional and psychological risks, which comes out of the patient impropriety look.
Psychological Risks: having baldness, especially the genetic type of baldness, where a person is fully aware since childhood that someday, he/ she will become bald. Seeing one of his/ her parents bald, it affects him /her where they feel scared of how they will look like as they grow old, this fear, affects the patient’s life as well as his/ her personal and social relations, and the way they deal with others. The baldness patient usually avoids having social relations or even hanging up with friends since a young age.
Professional Risks: There are certain positions at work, requires the perfect looks, and an appealing appearance, and since the looks of the hair are very important to have an attractive look, therefore, it is essential to have the perfect appealing appearance. However, when a person has the genetic baldness, or Alopecia baldness, or any type of baldness types, this will negatively affect the patient looks and his/ her aesthetic look, it becomes a primary factor to prevent the patient from having those great positions and prestigious careers, such as; media functions, journalism or television, political or diplomatic circles, great professions in significant economic and financial companies, representatives of companies abroad, or representatives on TV or cinema.
Read More: My Hair Transplant Experience
Genetic baldness, in particular, can only be treated through hair transplant operations, whether by natural hair transplant, or artificial hair transplant, as studies show that treatments and medicines used in natural hair loss, do not fit the cases of Genetic Baldness, on the contrary, it helps to spread the baldness more in the scalp. The doctors have come to the solution that is the essential treatment for the genetic baldness is performing hair transplant operation, in all its types and techniques, the doctor selects the form and method, depending on the patient’s condition, and according to the percentage and degree of baldness that they suffer from.
The signs and risks of genetic baldness appear on women and men, and may not be noticeable unless there is an article that has described them. This article explains in detail the signs and risks of genetic baldness. So do publish the article until it reaches to everyone, to know the severity of baldness and its signs.