Techniques Used In Gastric Bypass Operation
At Turkeyana clinic, the gastric bypass is done by surgical methods, in order to reduce the size of the stomach and lose weight.
Candidates For Gastric Bypass Operation
Not everyone is suitable to undergo the Gastric bypass operation, there’re some conditions that must be met, and the most important ones are:
- The person wishing to do this operation must not weight less than 40 kg.
- The person wishing to do this operation must be healthy and must not suffer from any conditions that caused this high weight.
- To be free from blood clotting problems, as they may lead to severe bleeding during the operation.
- A person who suffers from obesity-related health problems, such as osteoporosis, and cartilage melting.
- A person who has failed to lose weight through exercise and balanced diet.
- The person wishing to do this operation must be free from serious and chronic diseases; such as (heart conditions – blood pressure – diabetes and immunodeficiency); in addition to the absence of any infections with certain viruses, such as hepatitis C virus, Anemia and Aids.
Pre- Gastric Bypass Operation Tips
Before undergoing the Gastric bypass operation, the patient must undergo some procedures first, Such as:
- The patient must undergo some medical tests first, to make sure his/her health is good.
- Don’t eat or drink anything for (8) hours before the Gastric bypass operation.
- Avoid smoking for at least two weeks to a month before the operation.
- Stay away from enduring any blood thinners, for example: green tea.
- Refrain from all kinds of looters; such as caffeine and Arabic coffee for at least two weeks before the operation.
- Refrain from taking any medications which can lead to blood thinning for at least two weeks before the operation.
Post Gastric Bypass Operation Tips
There’re some guidelines and instructions that must be followed by patients who undergo the Gastric bypass operation, the most important of them are:
- Avoid eating immediately after the operation, you can only intake fluids; then by time you can start eating pureed food for a while, then some soft light food and finally you can eat hard complex food.
- Take vitamins and mineral supplements, they include iron and calcium plus vitamin B12.
- Avoid doing any great effort or carrying any heavy things for at least a month after the operation.
- Refrain from smoking for at least two weeks to a month after the Gastric bypass operation.
- To maintain the results of the operation, you have to follow a balanced diet and exercise regularly.