The beauty of the face increases self-confidence. Everyone wants to look more youthful and energetic, but with age, erratic atmosphere, hormone change, etc., puckers and facial wrinkles appeared, and over time, scientists developed facial injection techniques to treat those problems associated with age in the first place.
Facial injection techniques have provided a great deal of research effort to many people. There are many ways and methods to inject the face. Facial injection with Filler and Botox, as well as self-injecting fat, was the ideal solution for restoring the youthful vivid face, getting the desired face, and the wanted pureness.
Read More: Breast Augmentation
It is a cosmetic non-surgical treatment, which works to fill the blanks under the skin, remove wrinkles of the face and neck, front lines, and scars on the face; also, it is used to enlarge the lips.
Filler contains many natural and industrial substances that help restore the skin’s freshness, such as collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, and Calcium substance.
There are two types of Filler, permanent and temporary, where the temporary Filler consists of substances that dissolve in the skin and needs to be injected again after about nine months or a year at the most. Permanent Filler, which does not dissolve in the body, and causes many adverse effects, such as the thrombosis or tissue deformation.
Filler has been used in many cosmetic operations, such as cosmetic nose operations and buttock augmentation, becoming the alternative to many procedures requiring surgical intervention and general anesthesia.
Read More: Plastic Surgery
Face Botox Injection
Botox is used to stretch and relax muscles, removing facial wrinkles, such as the corner of the eye, forehead and eyebrow lines. Also, it is used to remove wrinkles of the mouth, neck, and chin.
Botox is a type of toxin, produced by bacteria called Clostridium Botulinum, also called Dysport and Xeomin. It is a protein that relaxes and stretches muscles.
Wrinkles are formed in the vertical muscles under the skin, when moving the facial muscles, such as lifting the eyebrow, for example, this movement is a horizontal movement, intersecting the vertical tissue, forming lines in the front, turning into deep and permanent lines over time. These muscles, it stops the movement of the nervous tissue, which prevents the occurrence of this intersection, which forms wrinkles, and so, it gives a leveler appearance.
Self-fat injections help to rejuvenate and revitalize the face, eliminating thinness, wrinkles, and laxity. It works to fill the cheeks with adipose fat cells. It also processes the dark circles produced under the eyes. Self-fat injections are standard procedure and very safe.
Is a process in which the fat is extracted from a specific place of the body of the person, which contains a fatty density, such as the abdomen, or buttocks, to be injected again in the face of the same person, after being Purified and separated from the fluids and blood, to obtain pure fat to be re-injected again .
Read More: Facelift Surgery
Stages of facial injection
- The doctor examines the patient’s face, identifies the problems he is experiencing, and the areas wanted to be injected.
- The doctor determines the method of injection whether it is Filler, Botox, or self-fat, depending on the patient’s condition, skin quality, age, facial size and number of areas to be injected. More than one method can be used in one injection session. , There may be lines or wrinkles that Botox can not treat alone, so the patient will need to inject Filler as well.
- The doctor asks the patient to follow the guidelines he dictates before injecting, such as abstaining from smoking and not drinking Alcohol for a week before injection, avoiding taking blood-diluting drugs, NSAIDs, and vitamin E at least two weeks before injection, to reduce post-injection bruising.
- The medical center performs the necessary tests for the patient going through facial injection, including sensitivity testing, to ensure that the patient is not sensitive to the substances used in the injection, and that is the patient’s appropriate for the facial injection Filler, Botox, or self-fat injection.
- The patient will be local anesthetic so that he will not feel the pain.
- The doctor then, injects the areas to be treated with Filler, Botox or self-fat, using very accurate injections.
Facial injection session takes time between 15 up to 30 minutes, depending on the patient’s case, and that’s only when using Filler and Botox injections, on the other hand, if the doctor using self-fat injections, this procedure takes much longer time, something between 45 up to 90 minutes, because liposuction is performed and purified prior to injection.
Sometimes Filler injection takes two sessions during two consecutive weeks, and that is depending on each patient’s case, and the problem’s degree that his face suffers from.
Read More: Buttocks Liposuction
The patient can go home on the same session day, and back to his daily routine, never the less, he needs to commit to the instructions dictated by his doctor, to have the best results, such as;
- Staying away from touching the face 24 hours after the procedure.
- Keep your head straight; no leaning down, for two hours at least after the procedure.
- Stay away for sunrise, 24 hours after the injection, also, overheating must be avoided, whatever its source was.
- Be careful when moving the face, and avoid the tough moves.
- Commit to complete rest, for two days after the injections.
- Stay away from smoking and drinking Alcohol for at least two weeks after the injection.
- Stay away from making a great effort within the first 24 hours after the injection.
The initial results reveal right after the injection session, and you can have the final results in a time between 3 to 7 days, where Botox needs four days at least, to reach the nerve end that connects the muscle.
Read More: Prominent Ear Correction (Otoplasty)
The advantage of facial injection
Facial injection advantage differs depending on each patient’s case, whether it is Filler, Botox, Or self-fat injection, where it has many cosmetic advantages, such as;
- Helps to get rid of wrinkles, which are formed in many areas of the face, such as the mouth, and the external eye angle.
- Helps to get rid of black circles under the eyes.
- Treats the flabbiness of the face, like cheeks.
- It treats facial pallor, as it gives the face freshness, vitality, and radiance.
- Restore facial beauty, and show it more youthful and lively.
- Works on face-lift increases skin cohesion.
- The sense of self-confidence, to possess the perfect face free of defects.
- Slim face treatment, by filling the cheeks with self-fat.
- Remove the effects of acne on the face.
- Eliminate scars and burns on the face.
- Remove the fine lines formed at the front.
- It does not require an extended recovery period at all; the patient can go back to his healthy life, immediately after injection.
Read More: Mesotherapy Injection
The disadvantages of facial injection
Although the process of injecting the face, a process is completely safe, it has some of the risks and minor complications resulting from the injection, including:
- A mild facial pain occurs within 24 hours after injection, where the necessary analgesics are taken.
- The redness of the face gradually disappears after two or three days at most.
- Sometimes a small bump appears under the skin of the face, resulting from insufficient doctor experience in facial injections, and requires surgical intervention to remove them.
- Swelling face, for two days after the injection procedure, automatically disappears without treatment.
- Simple bruises on the face, which can be eliminated by taking the doctor’s prescribed anti-bruising.
- Bacterial infection often occurs as a result of non-sterilization of instruments used in injection.
- Eyelid dystrophy rarely occurs if the injection material leaks to undesirable areas of the face and is removed on its own after only three weeks.
- Feeling itching, in the injection areas, and disappears after two days at most.
- The patient’s sensitivity to injectable substances, such as skin rash, often occurs depending on the patient’s condition and skin type.
- A headache, usually lasting between 24 and 48 hours and can be administered with the necessary analgesics prescribed by the doctor.
- Occasionally, infections occur in the face and disappear with the necessary anti-inflammatory drugs.
Read More: Abdominal Lipo-Etching
The Cost of Facial Injection
The cost of facial injection, depends on the size of the wrinkles that the face suffers from, and the number of areas to be injected, also it varies depending on the methods used in the facial injection, whether Filler, Botox, self-fat, or sometimes it can be mixed between two different ways.
Filler injection technology, costs between $400 and $800, however, Botox costs about $500, while the cost of self-fat injection is relatively higher, ranging between $1000 to $2,000, because another procedure is performed before injection, where the process of liposuction from a specific area in the body, with high fat density, to be treated and injected into the face.