Get rid of fatigue and tiredness signs, change your life and enjoy a healthier and fresher look to your eyes
Eyelid Lift Surgery
Eyelid lift in Turkey is a surgical procedure that tightens the eyelids by removing the sagging skin and accumulated fats from both lower and upper eyelids and reshaping them to fit the appearance of the eyes. The procedure takes about two hours if it involves both upper and lower eyelids.
It also has some low-risk side effects, such as swelling, but it disappears within one or two weeks. The results of the upper eyelid last for 5-7 years, while it is rare for the person to undergo the lower eyelid surgery again because it lasts for a long time.
Eyelid Lift Techniques
The technique used at our medical center is the surgical method only by which a surgical incision is made in both eyelids through surgical instruments. Then, the excess fat and sagging skin are removed, tightening the eyelids, and rejuvenating the face again.
Candidates For Eyelid Lift
The candidate for eyelid lift should be:
- Healthy and has no certain diseases which might hinder eyelid lifting or lead to complications during or after the operation the most common diseases are:
- Thyroid diseases
- Dry eyes
- Circulatory disorders
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Retinal detachment
- Blue water in the eye
- Psychologically stable, expecting realistic results.
- Must be at least 35 years old.
Per-Operative Instructions For Eyelid Lift
Some necessary recommendations that must be followed by the patient before the surgery to lift the eyelids:
- Carry out the necessary medical tests.
- Take certain medications prescribed by the doctor, which help during the surgery.
- Inform your doctor about the current medications you have taken before the procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least a month before the surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin, NSAIDs, or herbal supplements that lead to bleeding and swelling for at least two weeks before the operation.
- Stop taking stimulants, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol for at least two weeks before the operation because it might hinder the anesthesia process.
- Avoid taking blood thinners, such as green tea, as they may cause severe bleeding delaying the recovery period.
Post-Operative Instructions For Eyelid Lift
Some necessary instructions that must be followed after the eyelid lift:
- Use ice packs on the eyes for ten minutes every hour immediately after the operation. On the next day, you should use it four to five times during the day.
- Clean the eyelids nicely by using eye drops and certain ointments prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid stress or difficult activity, which might delay the recovery period for a week after the operation.
- Stop swimming for at least one week after the operation.
- Avoid doing hard exercise for at least a week after the operation.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid scratching your eyes.
- Do not use eye lenses for at least two weeks after the operation.
- Wear black glasses to protect the eyelids from the sun and wind.
- When you lie down or sleep, you should raise your head more than your chest for a few days after the operation.
- Avoid taking blood thinners, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and herbal supplements for at least a week after the operation because it might lead to bleeding.
Eyelid Lift Stages
The eyelid lift has three simple stages:
- Anesthesia: It is to ensure that the patient is comfortable and does not feel any pain during the operation. The patient is given either local or general anesthesia. Usually, the doctor chooses the best type of anesthesia, which fits the patient.
- Surgical incision: In general, the incision lines are planned accurately so that the scars can be hidden within the natural lines of the eyelid. For the upper eyelid, the doctor tightens it by making a surgical incision within the natural lines of the eyelid, removing or repositioning the excess fat under the skin, as well as tightening the muscles and getting rid of the sagging skin. For the lower eyelid, the incision is made under the lower lash line to remove or reposition the fat consistently.
- Incision closing: The incision is closed by stitches, then removed after one week.