There are diseases require caution before undergoing hair transplant, the ease of performing the implantation procedure these days makes the measures to be taken, more difficult, especially if the patient was effected in a disease that affects the operation somehow, as we all seek external appearance beauty.
The history of pathology in the Middle East dates back to the Islamic Golden Age and during the Italian Renaissance in Western Europe, Where the ancient Greeks were the first in the science of medicine and disease was in the third century BC. Ibin Zahr was the first Arab anatomy scientist in 1091 AD. And globally, Rudolf Virchow was considered the father of microscopic diseases.
The disease is a condition in which the body enters, is the contrary of its normal state, causes a lot of discomfort and weakness in the functions of the body, and results in exhaustion of the sick person, not to mention depletion the energy of the body. When it comes to hair transplant, many diseases cause problems for the transplantation; either by reducing the success rate or change the patient’s condition, to become unfit for the operation.
Read More: Robot Technique for Hair Transplant
Diseases Require Caution before hair transplant
- Blood Pressure Disease: Blood pressure is the blood pressure in the blood vessels that connect the body’s tissues to food, water, and oxygen. This process is known as blood circulation and having this disease means that the person is prone to many side effects such as a headache, redness of the eye, ear, and bleeding. This is the most crucial part. In the hair transplantation process, tiny cuts are open in n the patient’s scalp, depending on the technology used, those cuts usually bleed a bit, therefore, if the patient has blood pressure disease, he is more prone to bleeding, which is going to cost damages to the patient in addition to flaws that comes out after the operation of hair transplant, and so blood pressure is considered one of the diseases that require caution before undergoing hair transplant.
The average level of low blood pressure is between (7-9), and the high average is (12-14), if blood pressure was within the usual standard, the transplantation could be done, no worries, and the patient should keep on with his medicine regularly, according to the doctor instruction. In case the low pressure was lower or higher than the average level, here, we have two options; either the patient uses the regular blood pressure medicine, where the doctor gives the patient a strong dose before the operation, to adjust the level of blood pressure during the procedure, if the pressure returned to its reasonable limits the transplant can be performed, or if the patient is already using a potent medicine, and his/her blood pressure is still unstable, the operation can’t be done, and the patient must see his/her doctor to returning it back to its standard levels.
- Hepatitis C virus: It is a type of disease that affects the liver and is usually spread by eating contaminated food or drink contaminated water, and it is divided into three categories; the patients of types A and type B can carry out the operation, but after doing some necessary blood tests and determine whether the patient is qualified for the operation of natural hair transplant or not. However, the third type is type C, and the patient of this type cannot go through the implantation, considering that the patient of this type will always carry this virus in his/her blood, even after they are entirely recovered from it.
Read More: Hair Transplantation Ruling
The second stage of the diseases
- Aids /HIV: Is the most severe chronic disease affecting the immune system, and it’s one of the diseases require caution, where the patient is at risk of opportunistic infections and many tumors. With having this disease; the patient cannot undergo the operation at all, even when the virus becomes inactive, as the patient is fully recovered from it, the patient is still carrying the virus and can transfer it to other people. As known, hair transplant does include opening channels, where bleeding occur, almost a drop of every cut, therefore, everyone around the patient during the operation is exposed to catching the disease.
- Thyroid diseases: These diseases that afflict the endocrine gland located in the neck area just under the larynx. The Thyroid diseases are different like; Inflation, cancer or even allergies and these diseases have a direct influence on the transplantation’s results, and that’s why the patient that has Thyroid disease must do some tests such as; T3/T4 which help estimating the function of the … They are used to help assess thyroid function and diagnose its conditions, including hyperthyroidism, to determine the cause and to treat its disorders, and usually is done by taking a blood sample from the patient’s arm and examine it in specific devices. In addition to that, they also have TSH analysis, an analysis of thyroid hormone, also known as Thyrotropin, which is responsible for stimulating the thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormone T4, Then Triodothyronine, T3, which stimulates the metabolism, and this analysis helps diagnose the condition of this hormone, therefore, after the completion of these examinations and tests, the doctor is competent to diagnose the state of the patient, and according to it, the doctor determines, whether the patient is qualified to carry out the process or not.
- Women: In the case of women hair transplant, it is a particular case, some privet blood tests are needed before the approval of undergoing the operation, and due to particular matters they have such; the monthly period, and the hormones disorder.
Read More: DHI Hair Transplantation
The third Stage of Diseases
- Diabetes: One of the diseases require caution. It is one of the most chronic diseases described as disorder and abnormal rise in blood sugar level, due to Insulin deficiency that helps to regulate blood sugar levels, therefore, the person having such a disease, makes him vulnerable to one of the complications of serious diabetes, such as sugar coma or others, the usual average of sugar level is (160-100). In case the sugar level was within the reasonable rates, the operation can be done, and the patient must keep taking the sugar medicine as usual. However, some cases have a special treatment; if the sugar level was more than 160, and less than 200, the procedure can be done, and the patient will be given insulin dose to reduce the sugar to 160. If the sugar is more than 200 the operation cannot be performed the patient must see his doctor to return sugar to standard rates.
- Heart operations and disease: It is a term that triggers a variety of different and varied diseases in the heart, and if a person is suffering from a heart condition or has had some type of heart operation, in this case, the patient has to have a medical report from his Cardiologist doctor. If the doctor refused the operation, the patient would be unfit for undergoing the procedure, and if the Cardiologist doctor approved the implantation, then the Cardiologist doctor in our hospital will check on the patient case and does the necessary examinations and tests, if the doctor agrees to carry out the procedure, the patient becomes eligible. If the doctor refuses, it is not possible to perform the procedure because the patient’s safety is the most important.
Read More: Hair Transplant Turkey
- Severe Anemia: Is one of those diseases that require caution before hair transplantation, it is a condition that occurs due to the reduction of the Hemoglobin hormone, less than the natural level, which causes the rest of the body to get enough oxygen, this type of disease can affect the patient and therefore should be conducted some critical tests to determine if the patient qualified for blindness or not.
- Leukemia disease: Is a chronic disease that affects the blood and characterized by the increase of the immature white blood cells, which begins in the bone marrow, and then spread in the rest of the body and this disease completely affects the patient and make him not eligible for hair transplantation.
The decision to complete the process requires a lot of preparation, there should be reading a lot of articles that explain how the process and its preventive steps as a whole. You also need to know a lot so you can help your doctor diagnose your condition and choose the right technique for you. Hair transplantation is easy and simple, but if you have any of the above requirements, you should tell your doctor to take the necessary measures to ensure your health and get the best results without complications.
“If you found in this article, the answers for all your questions and concerns, do share it with others, who have the same interest that you have, and help them know more about this matter before undergoing the hair transplant.”