Breast lift and implants are a condition that can occur, with many women, and is not related to aging, pregnancy or breastfeeding. Teenage girls are suffering from chest slacken, which requires chest lift that is better than chest lift exercises for many reasons such as; hormonal changes which occur over periods of life, or the difference in weight rates increase or decrease, causing breast prolapse, and lack of homogeneity between the breasts.
Every woman seeks two firm breasts, the most critical factors that accentuate her femininity and beauty and enhance her self-confidence. Chest lift has emerged as an ideal solution to this problem; ensuring women regain their shape and freshness easily and safely.
Read More: Face Injection with Fat Botox or Filler
Breast Lift Operation
Breast lift is a surgical procedure that aims to restore the natural shape of the breast by tightening the breast tissue, reshaping its rotation, reducing the size of the halo, the dark part around the nipple, and lifting the nipple to the top by removing the excess skin And lax, so that the breasts are raised and coherent, in a manner consistent with the shape of the body.
There are several levels and degrees of flaccidity and drooping of the breasts, including; light, moderate, average and severe dangling, as the breast lift resolves all these stages of sagging, and gives the breast tight tall and slender shape.
- Light laxity: The nipple is located just below the breast level, but it remains above the lower part of the breast.
- Moderate flabbiness: Some breast tissue is located below the nipple, where the nipple is located below the line under the breast.
- Average limpness: The nipple is forward and down at the same time, and the breast tissue is relatively attached to the thorax.
- Severe Sagging: The nipple is below the breast folds and looks downwards. Where there is no breast tissue below the nipple.
Read More: buttocks augmentation Risks
Women are exposed to many causes and factors that lead to breast flabbiness, sometimes it happens to their will, and sometimes beyond their control, including:
- Significant loss of weight: Many women have a craziness with hard diets and exercise to get a lean body, but they are counterproductive and cause considerable damage of pressure, making breast skin more significant than the size of the breast gland, which leads to limpness in both the nipple and the breast.
- Pregnancy and lactation, and subsequent hormonal changes.
- Aging, leading to a lower level of hormones, which automatically causes a change in breast shape.
Read More: Plasma Rich Platelet (PRP) Treatment
Breast Lift, How it’s done.
The procedures and methods used in breast lifting have evolved over the past several years. There are many methods used by doctors and cosmeticians to perform breast lifting. The surgeon determines the method used according to the patient’s condition, in terms of the type of skin tissue, which will be removed, and the excess skin to be removed, in addition to the desired final form of breast lift. Here are the methods and methods used to raise and tighten breast:
Method 1: Anchor of the vessel or so-called T-shaped incision, where the torso is built through a lateral incision, inverted T shape, and this is done by making three different incisions:
- Incision of anchor loop: A circular section around the nipple perimeter from the top.
- Incision of anchor leg: a headed incision starts from the bottom of the nipple to the fold of the breast.
- Incision of anchor arrow: horizontal incision along the fold of the breast, under the breast; a place where the breast joins the chest.
Read More: Buttocks Liposuction
This method is used in severe laxity, where the excess skin is removed from the sag, and sometimes reduces the diameter of the nipple and halo, the way of the three incisions of the anchor allows maximum corrections of the breasts, resulting in high proportion of the parity between the breasts, in both standard size and appearance, furthermore it, each of the three scars produced by the breast lift, through the anchor method, will disappear on its own after a short time, where the surgical scar around the nipple is hidden by dark halo color of the entire breast color, They are buried in the fold of the breast, but the vertical scar may remain slightly visible, or hidden by the breast shadow.
Method 2: Lollipop This method is suitable for moderate obesity, through a long vertical scar, where two different steps are taken to take the form of a lollipop candy:
- Loop: A circular incision is made around the nipple.
- Vertical Incision: Begin from the lower part of the halo until the breast folds.
Method 3: Crescent incision; in this method, the breast is pulled through the halo, where a small incision is made in the form of a crescent, above the nipple perimeter, removing a bow of the skin, allowing to lift the nipple to the highest proportion of the removed skin, leading to the lifting and tightening of the breast. This method is used in cases of nipple falling off from its usual place, and light flabbiness, often in conjunction with other breast cosmetic operations, such as breast augmentation.
Read More: Gynecomastia Surgery-Male Breast Reduction
Method 4: Annular incision; Known as donuts lifting, where a small incision is made in the form of two consecutive circles around the halo and nipple, this method requires high efficiency and experience by the doctor, so that it can limit the size and diameter of the circular scar that is likely to appear after a breast tightening procedure, annular incision way.
The method of annular incision of breast lifting has fewer scars, but it limits the surgeon’s ability to make desired changes in the breast.
Breast augmentation surgery is suitable for all age groups, even adolescent girls. It is an entirely safe process, but it must be performed after breast growth is complete, just making sure of the breast slacken, and the incidence and slackness of the breast can be determined by several methods, including:
- The position of the nipple at the breast, the lower the nipple, the more the degree of sagging and drooping of the breast.
- Place a pen under the breast, in the area that connects the skin and breasts, and see if it will fall again if the pen does not decrease; the woman needs to perform a breast lift.
Read More: Chemical Peeling benefits for skin
The Benefits of Breast Lift
Women need to have a tighten and lift the chest, because of the many benefits, and radical changes in woman’s life, raising up her psychological state, as the breast is a vital part to highlight her femininity.
- Simulate the size of the breasts together, keeping the appropriate dimensions between them.
- Treat the looseness, and the obesity that spoils the overall appearance.
- Make women look younger and more attractive, by getting their breasts taut and steady.
- Improve breast features in a manner consistent with body shape.
- Works to raise, and increase the appearance of the breast to suit the rest of the body parts.
- The breast becomes more robust and cohesive, leading to improved overall aesthetic appearance.
- Improves the position of the nipple in the breast.
- Breast lift leads to a relatively small size that fits the body.
The Stages of Breast Lift
The doctor examines the patient’s breasts prior to the procedure, and they both discuss together the desired final form, and the goals that the woman, performing the breast lift is seeking, they consider the details and stages of the operation, and the risks that the patient may be exposed to, also the doctor asks the patient to commit to the necessary instructions, before the surgery, including:
- Make sure to eat proper food several days before the operation.
- Completely stop smoking because it reduces the proportion of oxygen in the blood.
- Abstain from taking medical drugs, which cause bleeding during and after surgery, such as Aspirin.
- Do not apply moisturizing creams, at least two days before the procedure.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol, as it delays the process of blood clotting.
Read More: Self-fat injections Cost
The medical center performs mammography, and does the necessary tests for the patient, such as blood tests, to determine the blood sugar levels, to ensure the safety of the patients after that, the breast lift operation is performed.
- The doctor will plan the breast and determine where the nipple will be, after a breast lift.
- The anesthesiologist anesthetizes the patient, general anesthesia.
- The doctor will perform the surgical incision using one of the methods, whether it is a crescent incision, annular incision, anchor of the vessel, or vertical Incision according to the shape of the breast, and the size of the limpness that patient suffers from.
- Then remove the excess skin from the breast, and lift the nipple to the place that has been identified.
- The bandages are then placed on the breast and remain for 24 hours or 48 hours after the procedure, according to every case.
The breast lift takes between two to three hours, depending on the patient’s condition, and her breast obesity, the patient must follow the instructions necessary, dictated by the doctor after the operation, so that the process of healing is done quickly, these instructions are;
- Make sure to wear a supportive medical bra, for at least six weeks after removing bandages, which need 24 hours after the operation.
- Do not itch or squeeze the breast area.
- Do not exert any effort, exercise, or carry heavy objects for at least two months.
- Avoid sunlight, exposure to extreme heat.
- Make sure to keep a stable weight relatively, by following specific dietary diets, eating healthy food.
Read More: Breast Augmentation methods
Breast Lift Risks and Disadvantages
We find some of the risks that result from the breast lift, and can be easily overcome by taking necessary antibiotics and painkillers dictated by the doctor, including:
- Bleeding that occurs in the breast for a time between 24 to 48 hours.
- Loss of sensation in the breast area, for two months at most, then gradually regained consciousness.
- Pure pain in the breast, and when that accrues, take the necessary analgesics prescribed by the doctor.
- The occurrence of infections in the breast, which disappear by having the required antibiotics.
- The operation can be exposed to failure during pregnancy and lactation.
- Breast skin will be relatively dry, for three weeks, you need to use the moisturizing creams that your doctor prescribed.
- The possibility of a blood gathering, as in internal bleeding under the breast, may require surgical intervention, to remove it.
- Breast bruising and swelling, usually last one to two weeks.
- Not getting a typical shape of the nipple, it may look relatively oval.
- Asymmetry of the breasts, as a result of lack of expertise and sufficient surgeon competence, in the field of breast lifting.
- Anesthesia’s risks, where the patient may be exposed to allergies from anesthetics.
- Blood clotting is delayed, as in; the wound is not easily cured, depending on the condition of the patient, if she is suffering from immunodeficiency disease or diabetes.
- The possibility of infection with bacteria, as a result of non-sterilization of tools used in operation, and to reduce the sterilization of the breast area, using anti-bacterial lotion.
Read More: Liposuction techniques and cost
The Cost of Breast Lift
The cost of breast lift depends on the method used in the breast lift operation whether it was; anchor, donut, crescent or lollipop. The price ranges from $ 1000 to $ 3,000.
If you found in this article the answers to all your questions and concerns, so share this article with your friends, and let them know.
Smita R. Ramanadham, MD, FACScorresponding author and Anna Rose Johnson, MD; Source: Breast Lift with and without Implant: A Synopsis and Primer for the Plastic Surgeon
Domenico De Fazio, MDcorresponding author and Carlos Augusto Cutini Cingozoglu, MD; Combined Mastopexy and Augmentation with Autologous Fat Grafting: First Results with Lipopexy
Published on: Oct 12, 2016 at 17:50