Candidates For Botox Injection Procedure
Botox injection procedure is the same as every other surgical and non-surgical operation, it has some terms and conditions, in order for a person get satisfying results from this procedure. The most important ones are:
- People with slight facial wrinkles and sagging.
- People who suffer from certain facial diseases like (sleepy eyes and tremor eyelids) or any other disease that can be treated by Botox injections.
- People who suffer from facial wrinkles and aging effects and want to have a fresher and younger face.
- People with facial fat imbalance, caused by excess weight loss that resulted an inappropriate distribution of fat.
- The person should be between (18) and (65) years old.
While Botox injection procedure is known to be completely safe, there are some cases where Botox injections are forbidden; such as pregnant or breastfeeding women or if the patient is allergic to Botulinum Toxin that the Botox include.
Pre-Botox Injection Procedure Tips
Before the Botox injection procedure, the doctor will examine the patient to make sure his general health is fine, the doctor will also review the patient medical history and make sure he’s suitable for the procedure. Lastly, the doctor will determine the areas where the injection will be done.
Yet, there are some tips and instructions that should be followed by the patient undergoing this procedure before it, such as:
- Refrain from taking any diluting medicines such as ibuprofen, and any inflammatory drug; to reduce the occurrence of any bruises during the procedure.
- Refrain from smoking for at least (Two weeks – 1 month) before the procedure.
Refrain from drinking any alcohol for at least (Two weeks- 1 month) before the procedure.
Post- Botox Injection Procedure
Botox injection procedure is a very simple procedure that takes maximum 30 minutes, yet the patient has to lie down for at least two to three hours after the procedure, until the Botox used in the procedure is totally stabled.
The doctor will also give some tips and instructions to the patient, for satisfying and impressive results, some of these tips are:
- Avoid rubbing the areas that were injected in the procedure for at least 12 hours after the operation.
- Lie down for at least two to three hours after the operation, to prevent the Botox used in the procedure from leaking.
Botox injection procedure requires a very quick recovery process, where the patient can return to his/her daily activities in a short time that doesn’t exceed one week.
Botox injections effect last from three to six months, as it varies from a person to another. You can always re-inject Botox for a youthful and wrinkle-free face.