There are three main techniques used in beard and mustache transplant:
- DHI technology:
It is the best technique used for beard and mustache hair transplant, in which follicles are also harvested from the donor area via the Micro Motor, to be implanted directly in the recipient area by a CHOI Implanter. It is only with one click the doctor can open a channel and implant the follicle at once. The whole process takes around (6-8) hours, transplanting a maximum of (3500) follicles.
- (Mega DHI) technology
The (Mega DHI) technique is performed over two sessions, during two consecutive days, using the Choi pens. However, with (Mega DHI), a maximum of (7000) follicles are transplanted, giving the hair more density and attractiveness.
- (Extremely DHI) technology
(Extremely DHI) technology goes through the same stages of the (DHI) technique. However, it enables the doctor to transplant up to (5000) follicles during (12-15) hours over only a session.
To become a candidate for a beard and mustache transplant, you should be:
- Incomplete beard.
- The candidate must be in good health.
- The candidate must have sufficient hair in the donor area where the follicles will be picked for transplantation in the chin area.
- The candidate has to be over 25 years old.
- The candidate should have no skin diseases that might hinder the hair transplant.
Here are some important instructions which the patient should follow to ensure a successful beard transplant:
- Avoid drinking alcohol at least a week before the transplant, as it weakens the effect of the anesthetic.
- Stop smoking at least for two weeks before the beard and mustache transplant.
- Avoid taking blood thinners, such as drinking some natural drinks, like green tea.
- Stop taking painkillers such as aspirin and Ibuprofen ingredients.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet before a beard transplant operation to avoid any complications that may occur during or after the operation.
After undergoing the beard transplant, the patient should:
- Keep your head up.
- Keep the implanted areas away from the water for at least 72 hours after the operation.
- Stop doing hard work or exercise for 15 days because it might cause falling the implanted follicles.
- Keep away from sunlight, heat, and high humidity for at least a month.
- Stop swimming in the sea for three months, and in the pool for two months.
- Avoid smoking for at least two months after the operation because it hinders the growth of hair follicles.
- Stay away from experiencing the Turkish bath or sauna for a month.
- Plasma needles (PRP) are recommended as they strengthen the implanted follicles.
- Keep taking the necessary treatments and medications prescribed by your doctor, which help you get recovered fast.
- Avoid sexual intercourse for a week.
- Avoid standing up directly under rain or dust, protecting yourself from any damage to the implanted follicles.