Abdominal Lipo Etching. The abdominal area is the most prone to large aggregation and flabbiness for many reasons, such as malnutrition resulting from the spread of junk food, laziness, inactivity, or even stress.
All people dream of having a flat belly and a tight body, for body’s consistency, you need to have tight belly, so women seek a tight tummy, while men seek six-pack muscles to give them an attractive and sparkling appearance, and to get the benefit it provides to the body, whether the ability to strengthen the stomach, or gain fitness, which makes them use all methods and ways, whether by exercise, or resort to diets, but it takes a lot of time and effort, when everyone wants quick solutions, and abdominal carving process is one of the immediate solutions, to get the desired tightened body.
The process of abdominal etching is a plastic surgery, which works to reshape the abdomen, to get a tight and flat tummy, and to highlight the six abdominal muscles (Six Packs), by removing the fat accumulated in the abdomen.
Read More: Breast Lift Surgery Risks, and Cost
Abdominal Etching Techniques
The techniques used in cosmetic Abdominoplasty have evolved over the past years, starting in 2005, with more than 68,000 carving procedures performed in the abdomen, according to the techniques used up until today, where the number of abdominal cosmetic operations has increased immeasurably; and Abdominoplasty nowadays performed by using many methods, whether surgical or non-surgical.
Vaser Technology: a technology based on using ultrasound technique, considered as a non-surgical technique, and entirely safe in the abdominal carving.
Abdominoplasty Laser technology: a technique based on removing the local fatty aggregates in the abdominal area by dissolving the fat under the skin, which causes the emergence of the six abdominal muscles, which depend on the use of a specific device that emits laser radiation to convert the local fat to the fluid, then pull it out of the body.
- Type of Laser: there are three types of the laser; all of them vary in the laser beam frequency, those types are:
- Smart Lipo: depends on relatively few frequencies, in addition to carving the abdomen, it is used to get rid of cellulite.
- Cool Lipo; uses the highest frequency, causing the most significant fraction of fat breaking up.
- Soft Lipo; uses intermediate frequencies.
- Acoustic ultrasound: High-frequency ultrasound works to break up fat cells when they are shed through a device that is passed on the skin of the abdomen.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is used to sculpt the stomach through abdominal injection using an injection called Lipo Dissolve, containing minerals, enzymes, and lecithin, which is the main component of all the Mesotherapy recipes, leading to the dissolution of abdominal fat, In addition to it conceal cellulite, to give a harmonious appearance.
- Radio frequency technology: This technique based on penetrating the skin to reach the fat cells, to convert them from solid to liquid, to facilitate sucking them and dispose of them, but sometimes it causes the adipose tissue destruction.
- Lipo Zap technique: a technique uses a combination of Mesotherapy, infrared radiation, and radio frequencies to sculpt the abdomen.
Read More: Arm Lift Risks and Cost
How Abdominoplasty is Done
Abdominoplasty process is not for losing weight; nevertheless, it works to get rid of the excess fat, to obtain a firm and consistent figure.
• The patient must do some preparations before the operation, including:
- Completely stop smoking; because it narrows the veins and reduces oxygen levels in the blood, you should stop smoking at least one week before the procedure.
- Complications increase when there are many fatty lumps in the abdominal area, so the patient should lose weight greater than 50% of the ideal weight so that he can perform the process.
- Abstain from taking medical drugs that cause blood diluting during the procedure.
- Stop drinking alcohol and green tea; because they cause bleeding during the operation, and delay the process of blood clotting, best to stop them a week before the surgery.
- Stay away from taking stimulants because they affect the process of anesthesia because the person who drinks stimulants drinks before the procedure is difficult to anesthetize.
- The patient should eat a healthy diet, containing protein, be in good health before the operation and accelerate the healing process after the procedure.
Read More: Face Injection benefits, and cost
- The doctor plans the patient’s abdomen, and they both discuss the abdomen-desired shape, and the final operation results, as well as the stages of the process in detail.
- The medical center does the necessary examination and tests for the patient, such as blood and heart tests, to ensure that the patient is suitable for the procedure because some people who suffer from heart disease or bleeding disorders cannot go through abdominal etching.
- The procedure performed then, where the patient is anesthetized, local anesthesia or general anesthesia, depending on his / her condition, the flabbiness size, and the amount of fat exists in the abdomen area.
- The doctor makes tiny incisions, to dissolve the fat, and to determine the shape of the desired abdomen shape.
- Then the doctor places the corsets on the abdomen, known as “the compressor ligament,” and it lasts for between three to six weeks.
- Abdominoplasty final results appear in a period ranging from eight weeks to three months.
- The patient must commit to the instructions dictated by the doctor after the operation, to have quick results, including:
- Do not carry heavy objects for at least a month after the surgery.
- Stay away from hard work including tough, exhausting exercises for a month at least.
- Make sure to play sports daily, starting three weeks after the procedure to maintain the new abdomen shape.
- Drinking enough amount of water.
- Follow a healthy diet, and stay away from high-calorie junk food.
- Stay away from smoking for another additional three weeks after the operation.
Read More: Tummy Tuck Risks in Turkey
The Risks of Abdominoplasty
Some damages and complications occur, depending on the patient’s condition, caused by the abdomen carving process, but they are not serious damage that prevents the person from doing the operation, as a patient can take these damages and minor complications, in exchange for a slim, sculpted belly. These damages are;
- The possibility of having very simple bleeding within 24 hours of the procedure.
- Some small scars appear on the abdomen but may go away after several months.
- Abdominal bruises, and can be eliminated by taking the necessary anti-bruising drugs.
- Feeling a little pain in the abdominal area, which remains for a week after the operation, then the patient takes the analgesics required that the doctor prescribed.
- The patient may get allergy due to the substances used in anesthesia.
- Subcutaneous hemorrhagic swelling, which caused by the accumulation of fluid in the muscle tissue.
- Surface skin burns, caused by the doctor’s high incompetence, in case of using Laser or Vaser technologies.
- Loss of sensation in the abdominal area, for a month or two, until the sensation regained gradually again.
- The recovery period is relatively extended and usually ranges from four to six weeks, depending on the patient’s condition.
- Bacterial infection, due to non-sterilization of the tools used in abdominal carving, nevertheless, it disappears once the patient takes the necessary antibiotics that the doctor prescribed.
Read More: Facelift Surgery and treatment in a week
The cost of Abdominoplasty
The cost of abdominal carving is due to the amount of fat accumulated in the abdomen area, as well as the technique used in the Abdominoplasty procedure, where the cost of Mesotherapy ranges between USD 1000 to USD 5000, however, Vaser technology costs between USD 5000 to USD 9000.
If you found in this article the answers to all your questions and concerns, so share this article with your friends, and let them know.
Arian Mowlavi, MD, Waleed Rashid, BS, Mariam Berri, BS, and Armin Talle, BS; Masculinized Male Chest Contouring: Creating the Armor Plate
Mauricio S. S. Viaro, MD, MSc, Stefan Danilla, MD, MSc,Alvaro Luiz Cansanção, MD, and Paloma Salomone Viaro, MD, MSc; Ultra HD Liposuction: Enhancing Abdominal Etching Using Ultrasound-Guided Rectus Abdominis Fat Transfer (UGRAFT)
Published on: Oct 12, 2016 at 19:18